Friday, April 6, 2007

Links, Links, Links

Well, I certainly hope this blog does not go the way of my diaries as I grew up - all dedicated to writing in it at first and then I just taper off. Nope, that won't happen, b/c I like to write just too much.

This week's big focus has been on link development. I've been looking through a whole lot of real estate and related websites trying to find good sites to link to GetMyHomesValue.com. I also plan on going over our resources page and totally overhauling it (if it's cool with the bossmen) b/c quite frankly, it's EXTREMELY eclectic.

Finding real estate links isn't as easy as I thought it was - first off, b/c there are a lot of crappy sites out there to go through and secondly because a whole lot of the good sites have partnerships going with competitors and have no interest in linking to GMHV. Which is a shame really, b/c besides providing agents with real estate leads and homeowners with home values, we've got tons of articles and advice for homeowners thinking of buying or selling a home.

There's only so much time I want to spend doing this - when it comes down to it, all the backlinks and articles in the world can only do so much to get us up there in the SERPs. It really just boils down to getting people talking about us - the blogosphere, the news entities, just anyone. And to do that we need to shake things up a bit. We need a fresh and innovative idea - or at least something wildly entertaining while being useful at the same time. We need...well, we need link bait is what it comes down to. (I use that term way too much now.)

I just want GMHV to come up with something totally remarkable that our competitors have yet to even consider. I don't know what that something is, but we've got some VERY creative minds over here, so I know if get the troops in on it, we could come up with something cool.

For some reason the term "widget" is resonating in my skull. Maybe that's a way to go...
I'll have to think on this one some more.

For now, I think I'll get back to looking at some potential link partners....

No comments: